The world has been under attack because of the Corona Virus (Covid-19) which has been declared as the world pandemic.
This Covid-19 has really impacted everyone from all corners of the world.
On this blog update, I don’t want to complain about this Corona Virus. The focus of today’s blog is to share with you how you can turn this trying time into a blessing in disguise.
If you’re at home during this lockdown watching Netflix all day and keeping yourself busy with non-beneficial things instead of investing time into things that will make you money, educate you in any way or help you learn a new skill, or bring anything valuable into your life. Lemme tell you a sad truth, your life is broken and you should rethink your priorities as you are wasting your life. So, self-reflect and change!
What I strongly advise you to do during this lockdown period is to find yourself.
To truly know yourself is the most important skill you can ever possess. When you know who you are, you know what you need to do, instead of looking for a permission from others to do what you already know you ought to do. Once you know yourself, you will become more confident, you will understand your purpose, and you will begin making a bigger impact on the world.
The main objective of this blog is for an individual to discover their true self, so you’re at the right place.
One can ask, “how can I find myself?”. Well, as I said that you’re at right place, here are some few steps you can follow to find the true-you.
Make time for yourself.
You cannot and will not be able to know yourself until you take the time to be still. Find a quiet place, put your phone or any gadgets away (even if it’s under the mattress its fine).
Realize who you truly are, not who you want to be.
I know you already have a set idea of who you desperately want to be, but it might not who you were designed to be; this is why knowing who you really are is so important. When you know who you are, you will finally see where you and your special gifts fit into the bigger picture.
Difficulties unveil who you really are.
During this tremendous time, we have to introspect ourselves, you can choose to learn from the poor choices you have made in the past (it might be how you didn’t give it your all in that last paper/exam)
Finding your way back on track.
Many people spend much of their time unconsciously choosing to live by the same routines on a regular basis.
Finding your way back will take practice but it’s the effort that counts as well as finally finding the sweet spot (which is finding your true self) is going to require exercising a will greater than your usual routines.
Who you are when no one is looking
From the time we are young children we are taught to behave ourselves in public. We quickly learn what behaviour is and is not acceptable when the eyes of our families and friends are on us. But who we are in public or on the social media is not an accurate image of our character. Our true character is shown when we are alone and no one is looking. It is at these times that we display our true colours.
The mind Is a powerful place and what you do and how you cope when no is around can affect you in a powerful way.
Make it your aim in life to embrace yourself.
So, if you think that by couch surfing for a while and procrastinating you might find your true self later, sorry to inform you but it’s just not how it works.
Now let’s get down to the business on the day, ‘The things you should be doing during this lockdown period.’
- The most efficient ways for an individual to invest in themselves is your education. No I’m not talking about school, I’m talking about your self-education(obviously school is compulsory).This could be teaching yourself a useful skill or spending your time reading books about a topic you’re interested in(You can dm me for book recommendations). You can even educate yourself by watching YouTube videos that can inspire you in whatever you’re interested in.
- I don’t know who I’m about to talk to, but you know you don’t like the body shape that you’re in. So, what are you waiting for! This is the best time to start doing those exercises you said you will do two years back! Remember? What I can advise you to do is to download the app called Home Workout and start working yourself out!
- I came across many people who are interested in forex trading without any idea of how to start, so this is the best time for you to learn. Go to YouTube and checkout Forex tutorials.
- I know I always talk about this, and I won’t stop until it sinks in your skull! The people you surround yourself with have a great impact in your well-being. So, take this time to check 1 by 1 if the people in your circle add value or not in your life. If not, Red card to them!
This is a time to work on those ideas you have been postponing and delaying.
- Plan while others have fun.
- Learn while others are sleeping.
- Make up your mind while others set things aside for later.
- Get down to business while others are afraid.
- Begin while others procrastinate.
- Insist while others give up.
- Work while others doubt.
- Set goals while others make wishes.
If you don’t come out of this lockdown with a new skill or more knowledge. You never lacked time, you lacked discipline!
Stay safe, stay-home!